Rescheduling Request for FY 2007, Project 199901000

 
Access CBFWA's Status of the Resource (SOTR) website or BPA's Report Center for more information on project 199901000
SOTR Project & Correspondence
Project
Pisces Report
Project Status Work Funded
Section 1: General Administrative Information
BPA Project Number: 199901000
BPA Project Name: 1999-010-00 EXP PINE HOLLOW WATERSHED ENHANCEMENT
BPA Contract Number,
Release and Name
(if applicable):
No 1: 35478 Release: Contract Name: EXP PINE HOLLOW WATERSHED ENHANCEMENT
COTR/BPA Project Manager: Jamie Swan
Agency, Institution or Organization Requesting Rescheduling: Sherman County SWCD
Funding Type: expense
Contact Person
First Name: Jason
Last Name Faucera
Address: P.O. Box 405
City, State Zip: Moro, OR 97039
Phone: (541) 565-3551 Ext. 111
Fax: (541) 565-3430
Email: jason.faucera@or.nacdnet.net

Section 2: Financial Information/Budget for Rescheduled Activities
Original Budget for Rescheduled Activities FY 2007: $5,330
Proposed Budget for Rescheduled Activities FY 2008: $5,330
Explanation or Additional Information:

Due to extremely dry conditions in Sherman County this year and also due to the inability of landowners to secure a contractor for the work, three Water and Sediment Control Basins (WASCBs) will not be feasible this spring. We would like to move them from our FY 2008 contract into our FY 2009 contract so that we can implement them in spring 2009 after winter moisture recharges the site. The three projects we would like to move into the next contract are: PH-22, PH-26, & PH-27, each with an estimated BPA cost share of $700 (Total project cost for each structure is $4,000 where BPA is cost sharing 17.5%). This would mean moving $2,100 of this years's contract to the contract pending July 1, 2008 start date.

In addition, the landowner involved in PH-31 wants to go a different direction with the spring development that was planned. This frees up $3,230 of BPA project funds for which we do not currently have a planned project. We would like to move those funds to the July 1, 2008 contract also so that if we find a suitable project, and can complete all of the necessary pre-implementation stages of the project, we could amend the new contract to include another project.

The combination of the three postponed projects and the cancelled project totals $5,330 which we are requesting to move forward into FY 2009. Please let us know if any or all of the reschedule is possible and we will amend our SOW to reflect the changes. Thanks for your assistance and let us know if you need further information to accommodate this change.


Section 3: Financial Information/Budget for Rescheduled Activities
Activity Description Original Start Date Original End Date New Start Date New End Date Condition/Situation Creating the Need to Reschedule Cost What Will Enable the Work to be Achieved Now?
Install Water and Sediment Control Basin (WASCB) for sediment capture and peak flow reduction. PH-22  2/1/2008  6/30/2008  2/1/2009  6/1/2009  Weather was too dry this spring to meet compaction requirements, and contractor was unavailable to implement project.  $700  Implementation is winter moisture dependent, and most years allow for optimal construction conditions. 
Install Water and Sediment Control Basin (WASCB) for sediment capture and peak flow reduction. PH-26  2/1/2008  6/30/2008  2/1/2009  6/1/2009  Weather was too dry this spring to meet compaction requirements, and contractor was unavailable to implement project.  $700  Implementation is winter moisture dependent, and most years allow for optimal construction conditions. 
Install Water and Sediment Control Basin (WASCB) for sediment capture and peak flow reduction. PH-27  2/1/2008  6/30/2008  2/1/2009  6/1/2009  Weather was too dry this spring to meet compaction requirements, and contractor was unavailable to implement project.  $700  Implementation is winter moisture dependent, and most years allow for optimal construction conditions. 
Cancelled project would most likely be rescheduled as off-stream cattle water, or WASCB.  1/15/2008  6/30/2008  1/15/2009  6/30/2009  Landowner decided to complete project without cost share to avoid meeting NRCS specifications.  $3,230  Willing and able landowner will be found to implement new project with similar scope. 

Please explain why the following alternative funding solutions are not feasible and would jeopardize the project:
Reducing existing scope of project
(i.e., eliminating some activities planned for FY 2008 to accommodate the FY 2007 activities)

Since the WASCB projects were scheduled and the landowner was willing and able to implement the project, we would like to give him the opportunity to complete the project. The hindrance to implementation was weather related and contractor related, issues that we think can be worked through next spring.

The spring development was cancelled by the landowner and no new project has been scheduled. In general we have been able to reallocate the funds to a willing and able landowner to get conservation on the gound. We have a few projects under consideration, and feel we could easily find a substitute project to accomplish the same objective. Since our projects are small in scale we would be very capable of adding it to FY 2009 workload.

Shifting entire schedule
(i.e., deferring some FY 2008 activities to FY 2009 to avoid doubling up on activities this year)

Our contract ends after FY 2009, so going past FY 2009 isn't a viable option.


Section 4: Documents Pertaining to this Reschedule
No documents are associated with this request