Rescheduling Request for FY 2007, Project 199901900

Access CBFWA's Status of the Resource (SOTR) website or BPA's Report Center for more information on project 199901900
SOTR Project & Correspondence
Pisces Report
Project Status Work Funded
Section 1: General Administrative Information
BPA Project Number: 199901900
BPA Project Name: Restore 12 Mile Reach of Upper Salmon River
BPA Contract Number,
Release and Name
(if applicable):
No 1: 37879 Release: Contract Name: Restore 12 Mile Reach of Upper Salmon River
COTR/BPA Project Manager: Gerald McClintock
Agency, Institution or Organization Requesting Rescheduling: Bonneville Power Administration
Funding Type: expense
Contact Person
First Name: Gerald
Last Name McClintock
Address: 905 NE 11th Ave
City, State Zip: Portland, OR 97232
Phone: 5032305375
Fax: 5032304564

Section 2: Financial Information/Budget for Rescheduled Activities
Original Budget for Rescheduled Activities FY 2007: $712,699
Proposed Budget for Rescheduled Activities FY 2008: $712,699
Explanation or Additional Information: Reschedule tasks/funds from FY08 to FY09

Section 3: Financial Information/Budget for Rescheduled Activities
Activity Description Original Start Date Original End Date New Start Date New End Date Condition/Situation Creating the Need to Reschedule Cost What Will Enable the Work to be Achieved Now?
Complete Environmental Assessment  5/1/2008  3/31/2009  8/1/2009  5/31/2010  End of participation by Corps  $145,000  Decision about Corps' participation and shift of responsibility to Custer / BPA Environmental Compliance Group 
Develop Engineering Designs for habitat restoration of Stark property  3/1/2009  7/31/2009  11/1/2009  5/31/2010  End of participation by Corps  $267,000  Decision about Corps' participation and shift of responsibility to Custer. Work will be performed by a subcontractor. 
Acquire Conservation Easements  5/1/2008  7/31/2009  8/1/2009  7/31/2010  Uncertainty of ability to acquire additional easements based on Corps' section 206 requirements  $300,699  No longer depending on Corps cost share and its inherent constraints, negotiations with interested landowners can move forward.  

Please explain why the following alternative funding solutions are not feasible and would jeopardize the project:
Reducing existing scope of project
(i.e., eliminating some activities planned for FY 2008 to accommodate the FY 2007 activities)
The scope of this project remains the same as before, only there has been a shift in responsibilty to perform the work. In the current contract, Custer had a small administrative role with the bulk of the tasks (and therefore funding) assigned to the Corps. Now that the Corps is no longer participating, the work must still be completed, however, by Custer. To accomplish this, the tasks must be added to the current administrative tasks, but cannot be accomplished in the current contract performance period, hence the request for a reschedule.
Shifting entire schedule
(i.e., deferring some FY 2008 activities to FY 2009 to avoid doubling up on activities this year)
The tasks being shifted were originally to be completed by the Corps of Engineers (Corps). Due to a shift in responsibility for completing the tasks from the Corps of Engineers to Custer SWCD, and the delay in the decision, the only means of completing the work is to add these tasks to the FY09 contract with Custer. Other tasks still remaining to be completed include conservation easements, which are project level funds and not distributed to the contractor. However, because of the uncertainty of the Corps' continued participation, it was impractical to proceed with landowner negotiations.

Section 4: Documents Pertaining to this Reschedule
No documents are associated with this request