Rescheduling Request for FY 2007, Project 200714500

 
Access CBFWA's Status of the Resource (SOTR) website or BPA's Report Center for more information on project 200714500
SOTR Project & Correspondence
Project
Pisces Report
Project Status Work Funded
Section 1: General Administrative Information
BPA Project Number: 200714500
BPA Project Name: Okanogan Livestock and Water
BPA Contract Number,
Release and Name
(if applicable):
No 1: 38970 Release: Contract Name: Okanogan Livestock and Water
COTR/BPA Project Manager: Dave Roberts
Agency, Institution or Organization Requesting Rescheduling: Okanogan Conservation District
Funding Type: unknown
Contact Person
First Name: Kelly
Last Name Kinney
Address: 1251 2nd Ave South room 101
City, State Zip: Okanogan, WA 98840
Phone: 509-422-0855 ext. 105
Fax: 509-422-0532
Email: kellyk@okanogancd.org

Section 2: Financial Information/Budget for Rescheduled Activities
Original Budget for Rescheduled Activities FY 2007: $19,356
Proposed Budget for Rescheduled Activities FY 2008: $19,356
Explanation or Additional Information: Scott Canyon Phase I Project $19,356 (fence, water facility, water development). The funds for this project were aquired in June 2009 and need to be rescheduled from FY09 to FY10 due to labor contracting delays. The project is still pending approval from WDFW headquarters (landowner). Until labor contract negotiations can be determined the project is on hold. We were given additional funding ($14,166) for a phase II of this project to take place in FY10. If contractor negotiations can be agreed upon, it would be most cost effective to implement both of these phases simultaneously in Spring-Summer 2010.

Section 3: Financial Information/Budget for Rescheduled Activities
Activity Description Original Start Date Original End Date New Start Date New End Date Condition/Situation Creating the Need to Reschedule Cost What Will Enable the Work to be Achieved Now?
WE- D:34 Develop Alternative Water Sources- Complete design, layout, and installation of off-stream water developments consistent with the contracts developed with landowners.   9/15/2009  11/15/2009  6/15/2010  10/15/2010  Labor contracting delays and complications prevented the project from being implemented within the original timeline  $13,989  The work cannot be completed this fiscal year because the labor contract will not be finalized in time to implement the project during favorable weather conditions. The work can be achieved FY10 once the labor contracting has been finalized. 
WE- E:40 Install Fence- Complete design, layout, and installation of riparian fencing consistent with contract developed on lands to protect water quality and ESA species.  9/15/2009  11/15/2009  6/15/2010  10/15/2010  Labor contracting delays and complications prevented the project from being implemented within the original timeline  $5,367  The work cannot be completed this fiscal year because the labor contract will not be finalized in time to implement the project during favorable weather conditions. The work can be achieved FY10 once the labor contracting has been finalized. In the event that the contracting terms cannot be agreed upon, funding would be allocated to a 26 acre floodplain restoration project along the Okanogan River between Omak and Okanogan, described in Work Element E 40 and F 27. 

Please explain why the following alternative funding solutions are not feasible and would jeopardize the project:
Reducing existing scope of project
(i.e., eliminating some activities planned for FY 2008 to accommodate the FY 2007 activities)
The budget is limited for all three years and reducing the scope from year to year would cause logistical problems with providing enough costshare to keep the program operating and landowner interest peaked.
Shifting entire schedule
(i.e., deferring some FY 2008 activities to FY 2009 to avoid doubling up on activities this year)
Again, the budget is limited for all three years shifting the entire schedule is not an option because the program would dissolve and OCD would loose program participation due to lack of available cost-share.

Section 4: Documents Pertaining to this Reschedule
No documents are associated with this request